About Me

My photo
Branson, Missouri, United States
A marketing consultant, a radio personality, a proven public speaker. Steve Willoughby is ready to inspire, motivate and entertain your group.

What Tony Orlando says about Steve Willoughby...

I have been in show business for many years. I have had many mentors, some famous, some super famous, and some who should be famous. Steve Willoughby should be famous. He is intelligent, he is real and he has tremendous ability to speak from his heart and reach yours. I am proud to call Steve Willoughby my friend and recommend him to you.

Tony Orlando, TV, Film, Broadway, and International Recording Artist.

Friday, December 12, 2008

2009 -- the year of the attitude!

The beginning of a new year is exciting. It is a new start, an opportunity to improve your performance and reach a higher level. Is that your mindset going into 2009? I hope so.

Yes the media is bombarding us with bad news -- but that does not mean your business has to have a bad year. Let's remember that several people became millionaires during the great depression. Are you ready to gain market share?

Now, I am not talking about just visualizing yourself to a better place. (Although I believe in visualization) I am talking about getting back to the basics. Remember when you were excited about your business and you worked on your business and not just in it? Let me suggest taking the following steps:

1. Ask the tough question. Is your business still offering what your customers want? Are you offering products or services that no one cares about having? Regardless of the economy, your business has to keep up with the times.

2. Make the tough decisions. Is your staff making or costing you money. Most people talk about loyal employees, but that does not tell the whole story. I am loyal -- however, if I worked as a mechanic in a garage, I would cost them a lot of money.

Do the math, if you could increase your average ticket by $20.00, what would that add to the bottom line? Is your staff capable? Do they need more training? Do you need new people? There are a lot of good people looking for new opportunities, is it time to give it to them?

3. Is your business making enough sales calls. Yes I am a radio guy -- and I believe radio is a powerful way to advertise your business. (I will take my radio hat off for right now) Are you aggressively advertising your business? The old saying goes...advertising is what you do when you can't go see someone. A lot of your competitors will be cutting their advertising, adding to yours will pay huge dividends.

Here's to the right attitude for 2009. Stay Tuned.

No comments: