About Me

My photo
Branson, Missouri, United States
A marketing consultant, a radio personality, a proven public speaker. Steve Willoughby is ready to inspire, motivate and entertain your group.

What Tony Orlando says about Steve Willoughby...

I have been in show business for many years. I have had many mentors, some famous, some super famous, and some who should be famous. Steve Willoughby should be famous. He is intelligent, he is real and he has tremendous ability to speak from his heart and reach yours. I am proud to call Steve Willoughby my friend and recommend him to you.

Tony Orlando, TV, Film, Broadway, and International Recording Artist.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Resolutions

I never send my wife flowers on our anniversary or her birthday. Don't get the wrong idea, I am very happily married (married up....big time) and I would surprise most of the people who listen to me on radio or hear me speak, just how sensitive I can be -- but flowers on the day that you are supposed to send flowers, never appealed to me. Send them on the day that she is not expecting them because everybody loves a surprise.


New Years is coming up, have you written out your New Years Resolutions? This year, surprise yourself with a letter. Here are some suggestions:


1. Write the letter that you would like to be reading on 12/31/09.


2. Talk about the accomplishments that you have made.


3. Talk about how you motivated yourself each day, week, and month to continue to work hard

at your goals.


4. Give yourself some stepping stones that you hit along the way. Such as, I could not believe that by Valentines Day, I was able to run two miles without stopping or it was March that my staff really started to respond to our training and I knew that 2009 was going to be special.


5. Talk about the rewards you gave yourself for staying the course, like dinner with you and your spouse at a five star restaurant, getting a massage at the spa, or going to the ballgame or Broadway show.


6. End the letter with the big pay-off; going on a cruise or just taking some time off to enjoy the peace and quiet.


7. Start each day in 2009 by reading the letter.


Doesn't this sound better than making a list of 20 things you are going to do differently than beating yourself up for not achieving it? Gas engines won't run on diesel. Your mind can not stay positive if you keep putting negatives in it. Give yourself the best chance to hit your goals in the next year, stay positive and keep telling yourself that you can do it. Oh, then be willing to work your butt off, and you will achieve your goals.


If you are reading this blog on email, be sure and click on the link below to visit my blog page and see interesting facts such as: Daily Bible Verses, Fitness Tips, Financial Tips and Amazing Fact of The Day. Remember, this is the best day God is going to give you today, you might as well make it a great one! Stay Tuned.

No comments: